The Frye Festival is a not-for-profit organization, in Moncton, NB, that oversees Atlantic Canada’s largest, bilingual celebration of books, ideas, and the imagination. We are looking for a talented and dynamic Program and Production Assistant. This is a full-time seasonal position, based in Moncton, starting as soon as possible, and running for a minimum of 25 weeks.
Key responsibilities & summary of job description
- Manage the Festival’s Volunteer Program, by organizing volunteer recruitment, orientation, and assignment.
- Plan, organize, and ensure logistics for the Festival’s half-day program, KidsFest.
- Support the planning and organization of the Festival’s Youth Program.
- Secure venues for all the Festival’s public events.
- Assist with planning author visits (transport, accommodation, information kits, etc.)
- Assist with the management of the Festival’s website.
- Provide assistance in interacting with the Festival’s partners, donors, and sponsors
- University education in a related field (e.g. literature, education, recreation studies) and experience in coordination and production of similar events. (Alternitavely, equivalent work experience)
- Bilingual: Excellent French- and English-language (written and spoken) communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
A detailed job description is available online.